About the Cold Climate Housing Research Center
Safe and Effective Exterior Insulation Retrofits
Whole Wall R-Values
Congratulations! You've completed a Procore Continuing Education course!
Cold Climate Building Science Basics
Cold Climate Housing Research Center
An educational webinar hosted by Procore
Cold climates can complicate air circulation and ventilation. In this course you will learn the dangers of stack effect and poor indoor air quality, where air leakage most frequently occurs in homes, and how to calculate the R-Value of an insulated wall.
Receive Continuing Education (CE) credit upon completion of this course:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Course Title: Cold Climate Building Science Basics
Course Number: PC-256
Delivery Name: Procore Technologies
Curriculum Group Name: AIA Providers
- American Institute of Constructors (AIC)
Credit: 1 CPD
- American Institute of Building Design (AIBD)
Credit: 1 credit
- Understand stack effect and how it can cause air leakage in the home.
- Become familiar with some of the most common points of air leakage in a home.
- Understand how walls can be retrofitted with insulation to maintain moisture control.
- Learn how to calculate a Whole Wall R-Value